It’s a new week with so much opportunity for great things. Let’s start this week on a positive note! Make Monday morning worth waking up for with a green tea latte!
Mondays have a bad reputation. They’re always looked at as the most dreaded day of the week. Well, I say that’s not fair! Monday should be looked at as a start to a week full of new opportunities. Let’s celebrate Monday! Today, I started my Monday morning with a delicious breakfast, some words of inspiration, and a warm green tea latte. Waking up a tad earlier is well worth it. I had time to jumpstart my day by preparing my own eggs and latte, rather than eating on-the-go. Cooking, in itself, was a therapeutic way to start my week.
As you know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Adding green tea makes it even more essential. Green tea not only increases your metabolism and energy, but also contains health-boosting antioxidants that are great for your body. With only three simple ingredients, it’ll be easy to enjoy this latte for yourself! Note, this latte does not contain espresso (you’re getting enough energy from the green tea).
Simple Green Tea Latte
- 1 green tea bag
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or a type of milk to your liking – note: the fattier the milk, the frothier your latte)
- Agave (or sugar)
- Cinnamon for garnish (optional)
- Brew green tea as directed.
- While tea is steeping, warm the milk in the microwave for 60 seconds or until steam is present.
- Using a frother, froth warmed milk until foamy. If you do not have a frother, place warmed milk into a container with a tight lid and shake for 30 seconds.
- Add agave (to your liking).
- Pour tea into a larger mug – add foamy milk, being sure to add extra foam on top.
- Garnish with cinnamon.
Notes: If the “froth” is not for you, simply combine the brewed tea, agave, and milk. Most green tea latte recipes call for matcha green tea. This recipe calls for green tea bags found at your local grocery store. The green tea flavor may not be as strong as matcha, but this is a “simple” recipe.
Although the week has begun, trying this “Monday” morning ritual tomorrow is a great start! Do you have a Monday ritual to start your week? Please do share!